So, today I went to a print center to print off the transparencies to expose my pre-sensitized copper clad boards, and I was super excited. I also figured while I was there, I’d print off a physical copy of the wonderful and free Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, just so I could have a physical copy to take notes in, etc. It was going to be a good day.
After talking to them about possible getting rid of the margins from the pdf of LDD, I checked the price: $88, just for printing it. It was going to be at least $100 to print, hole punch, and stick in a binder. Nope, no thanks, I’ll just read it on a screen or order a regular copy.
Oh well, I’m really here to get my transparencies. I get them printed up, 600dpi, good enough, right size, everything looks great. I pay the man, picking up some fine point sharpies so that I can make sure they are as opaque as possible when I get home, and I’m out the door.
I get home, and great ready to start going over them, when I realize they’re backwards. Or, rather, they’re NOT backwards. And they need to be. He must’ve seen the backwards text, thought the image needed to be mirrored, and done it without asking. Well intentioned, but he just completely ruined them. Everything I’ve read about exposing photoresist says your transparency needs to be mirrored so that the ink side of it can be against the photoresist to get the clearest exposure possible.
Well, the good news is I still had the 4th Eudyptula Challenge to work on. After several resubmissions, just because of bad subject lines that the challenge scripts didn’t like, I got the thumbs up back from task 3 pretty quickly. Task 4 is about adhering to style guidelines. Well, I’d already read those, so I knew about checkpatch.pl, and my task 1 code was already within standards (except for a single trailing space in a comment), which was part of task 4’s assignment. So that at least made me feel cool. And now it’s time to go dive into LDD.